A-Plant recognises the contribution that it can make as a company to sustainable Development both through the services that is provides to customers and the way in which it conducts its own business. It is A-Plant’s aim to ensure sustainability for future generations by contributing to the financial, social and environmental wellbeing of the communities within which it operates and those of its stakeholders. The company understands that sustainable development needs to be embedded in its business strategies, decision making and practices at all levels so as to ensure ongoing, long term success.
In support of these objectives, A-Plant is committed to Sustainable Development through:
• Complying with and exceeding where practicable relevant legislation, regulations, and other requirements to which it subscribes.
• Conducting our business in consideration of ethical issues with integrity, openness and honesty.
• Providing employees with fairly rewarded employment and personal development opportunities in a safe working environment, free from discrimination or intimidation.
• Maintaining a system so as to ensure the practical purchasing of goods and services in accordance with sustainable development principles.
• Consideration of the social and environmental impacts of our activities, decisions and services on the communities with which we interact, to mitigate impacts and maximise benefit for all.
• Maintaining an EHS management system based upon ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007
• Sharing of ideas and best practice of sustainable performance across the Ashtead Group of companies.
• Communicating this Sustainability Policy to all employees and making it publicly available.